Monday, July 8, 2013

man, I love my wife

Yesterday (Sunday) morning, I had planned to get up early and run before church and the heat, but I wanted the extra rest and recovery, so I stayed in bed until 8, while Heather did her miles for the day. I spent the rest of the morning grumbling and yelling at small children who crossed my path. At my wife's insistence, I packed my running things when we left for church, and (after an especially penitent morning listening to Pastor Greg's sermon) I did 10 miles of the fourteen-mile loop through Ipswich and Hamilton, from church back to our house.

Felt so much better after getting out. Relaxed most of the rest of the day and read about Loon results as the reports trickled in. Nice to see Kevin Tilton pleased with his fifth place finish and writing about it on his long-since-updated blog. I am really thinking about Cranmore now...

This morning, I got in 8.2 miles on my normal morning road loop through Beverly and Wenham. Headed to the woods this afternoon, God willing...

No comments:

Post a Comment