Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 recap/2018 goals

2017 shaped up to be a hopeful year and I'm grateful that I'm motivated to post a recap, which hasn't happened since 2014.

I didn't run a ton (913.63 miles), but that was up from even less (353.5) in 2016.

I had fun being a part of some team events at the Lynn Woods relay and Reach the Beach.

I raced a few times (actually 9 times, if you count each of my rtb legs as a separate race, or 7 if you count it all as one race).

There were some signs of improvement in the last months of the year, including two wins at the Chatham in the Fall 10k (35:49) and the Reindeer Run 5k in Beverly (16:42).

December was the first month since March 2015 that I reached 200 miles for the month (219.84). That's a trend I'd like to continue as I head into the frigid New Year.

My 'C' goal for mileage this year would be to get back to 2000 miles (or 2018 for 2018). And I would be pleased with a C based on the last three years. Some 'C' time goals are 27:59 for 5m and 34:59 for 10k, sub 1:17 half in March.

My 'B' goals are: 2500 miles (basically 200 miles per month, which seems sustainable now), low 16's for 5k, low 27's for 5 miles, sub-34 for 10k, sub 1:15 half in March.

I'll stay away from the A goals for now, since these are all still pretty ambitious.

I'm looking forward to finally making my snowshoe debut this winter, and then following up with some road and mountain races in the spring and summer.

And seeing those familiar, long-lost but not forgotten faces at races and continuing to take advantage of the chances I have to train and race with family and friends close to home.

Yeah!

3 comments:

  1. "I'll stay away from the A goals for now, since these are all still pretty ambitious."... So what are the A goals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, sub 3 hour 50k, 65 minute rockpile, make a us team, that sort of stuff...

      Delete
  2. sounds like B+ goals to me... I expected a little more from a varsity letterman ;)

    ReplyDelete