Monday, April 22, 2019

While the mice are away, the cat will run more, I guess

This past week of training was my highest mileage in four years and here's how it shook out:

Saturday, April 13 - Merrimack River Trail Race in Andover, with a couple miles before and after with Heather and long-lost teammate Kevin Tilton (13.4 total). This race left me sore in areas I hadn't utilized since last year's event. My inov-8 trail talon 235's arrived just in time, and I think they probably made the difference from last year (30s faster).

Sunday, April 14 - Heather, Ben, Grace, Emma and Rebekah headed down to NJ to see Heather's family for the first part of school vacation. I did 14 miles at 6:37/mi. in the afternoon

Marathon Monday, April 15 - 8 miles in the morning before watching the marathon on tv; just under 4 miles easy afterwards (first 'double' of the year)

Tuesday, April 16 - 12 miles in the morning at 7:00/mi.; big breakfast; 6 and a half in the afternoon

Wednesday, April 17 - 10 miles at 9 am; another 6 and a half in the early pm just before family got back

Thursday, April 18 - 9 at lunch, just over 7:00/mi.

Friday, April 19 - 12 and a half just under 7:00/mi.

Saturday, April 20 - early (5:50 am) 15 miles, longest run of the year

Sunday, April 21 - 8

Monday-Sunday total: 91.8 miles
(Sunday-Saturday total, which is what my spreadsheet log uses, was 98)

Either way, my highest mileage week since February 2015. If I run Cape Cod this fall and/or Boston next spring, I hope I can get a stretch of weeks like this. Hopefully, I can start getting my butt out of bed around 6 during the week and get some of Bob Wiles' 'Free Mileage' in before I take Ben to school...

No comments:

Post a Comment