Tuesday, December 12, 2017

12.12.17

I got some potentially really really REALLY exciting news this afternoon, and got fired up about racing in 2018. I went out and ran my fastest 8 miles since reach the beach, on my old morning loop, that I used to run most mornings in 2011 during my marathon build up. Today ended up being the fastest i've ever run it, and I set out without any goal of doing that. I've heard that Bill Rodgers said "hodge podge is not a training plan" and I believe that, but I also find that the best days of running are not something I can usually anticipate. I also spent some time considering appropriate tattoos to best commemorate the day. I think I might be able to entice my kids to work on some designs for small money.

After reading Dave's Mill Cities writeup and history, I did a little digging, and came across this vintage (and blurry) thumbnail of me handing off (to who?) as a one-time member of the mvs open male mill cities team in 2002, the one year I ran it. I think I was already balding at age 26. It's fine.


2 comments:

  1. i might need some company for that; maybe we could run it as a relay - i'll run all the recovery k's

    ReplyDelete