Friday, December 8, 2017

12.8.17

Spent last evening getting my 2016 and 2017 running logs updated, mostly just from Strava data from my Garmin. Unfortunately, I don't have everything, but I really didn't run much last year (~1 mi./day) or this year (~2 mi./day). It does feel good to close the books on two-plus years of not much productive running.

I had a pretty good stretch (my best in that time) of training just before and after Reach the Beach, then a little hiccup and some pretty consistent running again the last month or more. My hope is to continue to race, increase training volume and be able to compete at a higher level in 2018 than I have in recent memory.

I've got some snowshoeing in mind, and Heather and I have registered for the Hampton Half in early March, so that should keep me honest through the cold months. I'd love to get into the mountains (Washington and Loon, in particular) when the weather gets warmer.

I joined that 2018 in 2018 group on Strava, which given the past couple years seems ambitious, but compared to the years prior (2011-2014 in particular) it seems manageable.

Joined Jordan Kinley for 11.3 at 6:42/mi. pace on the roads of Beverly at lunchtime today. About 20s/mi. faster than we ran the same run last week with Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment