Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Sunday and sick

Sunday afternoon or late morning I bundled up for what I anticipated would be my last run in super cold temps for a while. I ran the same route as Saturday, down to the end of Cedar Street and then up and around Lord's Hill. Sunday was a more sustained effort and I pushed the little climb and felt good. There is this beautiful view as you come off Burnham Street and onto the road that brings you back down the hill where you can see a long way (for around here at least). It made me appreciate the beauty around here, which seems more poignant when I'm barely peeping out of the hood of my jacket with almost no skin exposed.

I ended the week with 64 miles, which matches my highest week since April 2015. I mapped out my plans for this week, looking at getting to 60 miles again comfortably, with Whitaker Woods snowshoe race on tap for Saturday, but then I got sick yesterday and haven't run for two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment