Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thursday (coming around)

Today was one of those days that two or three weeks ago I probably wouldn't have run. I'm a little banged up/sore, I've already gotten some pretty decent mileage in for the week and I have a race in two days so no workout planned. Instead of resting on my laurels, I went out without much of a plan (6 or 8 or 10) and got back on the roads. I wasn't setting any land speed records like Eric Coutoure, just gently covering some ground. As gently as a 165-pound runner is able to, anyway. I ran a familiar route from Gordon down Hull St. to Old Standley over 128 onto the Beverly Homecoming 5k course out to 127 through Endicott College. I turned around at St. Margaret's Church in Beverly Farms (5.4 miles) and added on a little on the way back to get 11. (11.16 in 1:17:49) Picked up the pace to sub-6:30's for the last couple. Achilles pain is melting away. Plan for tomorrow is to run the Melody Miles course with Heather in the morning and likely take the afternoon off.


No comments:

Post a Comment