Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Since Mt. Washington

After Saturday's race, I've been on a bit of a high and feeling inspired about future running possibilities. Two areas I've been convicted about addressing are: raising the mileage and doing some upper body work.

I have always been rather top-heavy for a distance runner. All those years lifting in my friend Ben's basement in middle school and high school, then working for seven years as a carpenter. Even though I was always kind of skinny for a carpenter. My hope is to lose some mass on my arms and I don't really know if I should do some light lifting or body weight work or just run more. I am tempted to just run more.

Sunday I got out for 5 when we got home from nh. Feeling a little beat up (from the run down the mountain, I think), but not too bad.

Monday I did 7 with Al V. at a 7:30 pace on the roads in Hamilton.

Yesterday (Tuesday) I did 8 in the morning before work. This was my daily loop during the summer of 2011 when I prepared well for Cape Cod. I'm hoping it will become a regular occurrence again.

I did 6 yesterday afternoon with Derek in Appleton Farms.

This morning I got out for 5 (out and back on the loop I ran yesterday). Everything since Saturday has been pretty slow. I'm trying to make up my mind about either getting on the track this afternoon or heading into the woods. Pretty sure the woods will win that argument 9 times out of 10.

Went into the woods this afternoon and explored some new territory in Manchester. Ran through to School Street and up around Agassiz Rock. Bushwhacked and bouldered a bit before finding my way back out. Covered 11.56 in 1:54:50 (some of this was walking around in the woods and the swamp).

3 comments:

  1. I love your Washington picture man! What a view behind you. Congrats on the awesome race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Ha, thanks! Those adios have seen better days and they are barely allowed to live in our house, they smell so bad! I think I got to get me some inov-8's!

    It was an amazing day to be up there, for sure!

    ReplyDelete