Monday, January 14, 2013

Highly Irregular? yes. Unwelcome? not at all

I know 62 degrees and sunny is a little strange for mid-January in the Northeast, but, man, it felt good out there today. After 10 and a half kind of hard yesterday, I wasn't sure what to expect, but that spring air got to me...

headed out from Gordon College on Hull Street into Beverly, stayed on 22 south over 128, then took a left onto Cole St. by the Sterling Center YMCA, ran over the train tracks and onto Boyles out onto 127 past Endicott College, which must still be on break and into Beverly Farms. Stayed on 127 North into Manchester then took a left on Pine St. and ran all the way back under 128, where it turns into Chebacco Road in Hamilton and is dirt for just under a mile. Came out onto Essex Street (Rte. 22) in Hamilton and back Rubbly Road. At what I'm now calling "the turn", I opted for the long way again, and wound up just over 17 miles in 1:45:40 (6:12/mi.)

I realize that I won't be able to maintain this volume forever, but it sure is nice to be able to train right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment