Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Hot Tuesday

6:00 am - met Pastor Derek for a 5.5 mile jaunt through Appleton Farms to get the day started

10:58 am - headed up to the track to try some 1000 meter repeats in the heat. The track was pretty warm when I got up there, and had just been vacated by the kids' soccer camp using the turf infield this week. (they must have been dying up there all morning!) I did two miles for a warmup, ditched the singlet a couple laps in and got ready for the all out sweat bath. First 1000 was 3:04 which was okay, given the conditions. I jogged a 600 at about 6:40 pace (2:33) and headed into 1000 #2 - 3:09. Number 3 was the same. The fourth was a 3:10 and the fifth a sobering 3:15 with an 80 second last quarter. The conditions were tough, so I was just glad to get through some kind of a hard effort with three big races coming up in a nine day span (Cranmore, Carver, Yankee Homecoming). I trust that the next time I get up there and conditions are cooler, things will be easier.

Now I need to figure out how much to back off before the weekend without feeling like a total bum.

No comments:

Post a Comment