Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Two-fer Tuesday

Heather (my wife) took the early time slot for the AM run and was back from 10 by 7:20. I headed out and back for 6 miles in just under 40 minutes, with plans for a track workout a little later on.

At 11:30 I jogged up to the outdoor track and warmed up with 2 miles.

The plan was 6 x 1200m @ 3:45 (or faster) with 800m recoveries. I wanted the recoveries longer (relatively) than last week's mile repeats so the quality of the 1200's would be better. The first was 3:45 and that would be the slowest. Followed with a 3:42, 3:41, 3:39, 3:38 and finished with a 3:34. Cooled down for two miles on the track plus the third of a mile back to my office down the hill.

What a difference a week (and 15 degrees cooler, and longer recovery) makes!

I think I got Heather's blessing to head to Cranmore in 2 weeks, so everything will be prep for that now. I would love to get into the mountains early next week...

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You're really rolling since that decaf-debacle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, thanks; I'm never letting that happen again!

    ReplyDelete