Thursday, July 18, 2013

today's playlist + tomorrow's agenda

01. "Cath..." - Death Cab for Cutie
02. "Ceremony" - New Order
03. "Automatic (LP Version)" - Rainer Maria
04. "The Ditching Boy" - Solas
05. "Golden Brown" - The Stranglers
06. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" - Taylor Swift
07. "Blue Boy" - Texas is the Reason
08. "Baby Missiles" - The War On Drugs
09. "Four Provinces" - The Walkmen
10. "Hysteric" - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
11. "Our Way to Fall" - Yo La Tengo

Tracks 2,3,5,7,8,9,10 all on regular play while running when listening to music.

Just about perfect mix for today. (I originally created it, in a slightly different order, to accompany a 6 x 1200m workout, which came off without a hitch last Tuesday but without the music.) 6-mile seminary loop. Felt relaxed and somewhat fast. The temps were a bit cooler than yesterday and it felt drier and breezier and much more comfortable. Got to test my "new" pink ipod from the Evans family twice today.

5.63 in 40:09 out and back on the morning loop this AM.

Tomorrow's agenda:
Easy 4 on the roads in the AM
Easy 4 in the woods in the PM in the extreme heat

3 comments:

  1. EDM is where it's at, really keeps the pace rolling, can never go wrong with Swedish House Mafia..although, it's no Taylor Swift

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I admit it, I had to google EDM to find out what it is. (Electronic Dance Music, for other readers of my generation.) My problem with EDM (now I'm just talking about it like I do it every day) is that it's too easy to find that running groove, because everything is made by machine, not humans.

    Serious note: so you put yourself at risk of injury by training to machine-made music like EDM, because you are not a machine. Even though you feel like it sometimes. (I think I'm going to have to tweet this @PatrickSRich.)

    With the best music in the world (read: the kind that I like), you have to work a little harder to find runnable grooves. (OK, maybe Taylor Swift is a little inorganic. That song is my jam, though I haven't figured out "what" and me are never, ever getting back together. Vibram FiveFingers? Cotton T-shirts? Decaf?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have been more clear, I don't really like the dubstep-style EDM and don't listen to that, give me Axwell over Skrillex every day of the week.

    I need the songs that pair a DJ with a talented singer, like Kaskade and Lights (although, I hate the drop in that song), or Calvin Harris and Florence and the Machine. It's great for fartleks too, because of the contrast of styles you can get within a single song. Key is to keep a large playlist on shuffle.

    ReplyDelete